Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Lead me to the Cross

Savior, I come. Quiet my soul. Remember. Redemption’s hill, your blood was spilt, my ransom. Everything I once held dear, I count it all as lost.

Lead me to the cross, where your love poured out. Bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down. Rid me of myself, I belong to you. Oh lead me, lead me to the cross.

You were as I, tempted and tried. You are the word became flesh. Bore my sin and death now you’re risen. Everything I once held dear, I count it all but lost. (Hillsong, Lead me to the Cross)

Lord, lead me! Show me what you want me to do today. I am open to serving you every moment of my life!

What does it take to go to the cross every day? It takes laying down my will today. It takes a surrendered heart to whatever the Father wants today. It takes being willing to go through pain sometimes heart-wrenching, to get to the finished work. It means dying to self and living to Christ. It doesn’t look like the world. It looks foolish to those who don’t know Jesus. But the rewards are bringing God’s kingdom to any situation and finding that he had an awesome plan well worth the struggle.

Lead me to the cross, where your love poured out. Bring me to my knees, Lord, I lay me down. Rid me of myself, I belong to you. Oh lead me, lead me to the cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment