Monday, August 24, 2009

A Psalm of Thanksgiving

Psalm 111
1 Praise the Lord!

I will thank the Lord with all my heart
as I meet with his godly people.
2 How amazing are the deeds of the Lord!
All who delight in him should ponder them.
3 Everything he does reveals his glory and majesty.
His righteousness never fails.
4 He causes us to remember his wonderful works.
How gracious and merciful is our Lord!
5 He gives food to those who fear him;
he always remembers his covenant.
6 He has shown his great power to his people
by giving them the lands of other nations.
7 All he does is just and good,
and all his commandments are trustworthy.
8 They are forever true,
to be obeyed faithfully and with integrity.
9 He has paid a full ransom for his people.
He has guaranteed his covenant with them forever.
What a holy, awe-inspiring name he has!
10 Fear of the Lord is the foundation of true wisdom.
All who obey his commandments will grow in wisdom.

Praise him forever!

(NLT)

Have you ever sat down and wrote out all the amazing things God has done in your life? It is a wonderful exercise in thanksgiving to Him to think again of all He has done. Here is my Psalm of thanksgiving to God:

Praise the Lord! You are so good. You are faithful to me and my family. Everything you do is wonderful. Even when it feels like you are not there, you are working in the background where I don’t always see you. You brought me out of the pit and set my feet on solid ground. I am no longer shaken to the core with anxiety. I no longer feel like I’m only one step ahead of it. I am healed. I don’t struggle with it any longer. It is no longer my constant companion. I fear you instead of fearing what life will bring. The husband you brought into my life is my lover and friend. He is the exact person I needed to walk with through my life’s journey.

You have given me four wonderful children who you are pursuing and wooing and bringing into your kingdom. I know you will be faithful to them in whatever they need to walk through in the life you have for them to live. You have brought the best spouse for Amber. You knew exactly who she would need. You have brought her the perfect soul mate. A first grandchild awaits me in a few months. That makes me so excited. Thank you for bringing this miracle child into being. Thank you for protecting this child in her mother’s womb. I trust you to do this. You will and are bringing the best spouses to the other children as they seek you for their soul mates.

Thank you for friends who encourage me in my walk with you and for a church family who is loving and caring to me and to others. You knew exactly what church family would be the best to walk with me through my struggles with anxiety and depression and be able to help bring me to complete healing.

Even though I walked through the valley of the shadow of death you never left me. You were and are constantly with me. You work everything out for good in my life. I will praise your name forever and ever as long as I have breath within me. Praise your holy name!

1 comment:

  1. Marla, that is beautiful.It is so touching to read the prayer of a wife and mother and humble maidservant of the Lord. I feel like I'm eavesdropping on a private conversation. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete