Tuesday, November 29, 2011

God has my back

I felt like my feet had been knocked out from under me after hearing some news at work the other day. I fought anxiety all day. That night I struggled to get to sleep thinking over and over again about the implications of the news I had heard. At 3:00 a.m. I began to weep. I asked the Lord if I needed to call someone to pray with me. I felt like God said, "Don't worry about it. I have your back." I was able to get some sleep after His peace rushed over me.

In the morning, I texted a friend asking her to pray for me because of the sleepless night I had had. I told her I wept at 3 a.m. and was still fighting my emotions. She told me that at 2 a.m. her time she had prayed for me. I began to weep as I remembered what God had said. He had my back. He had already answered my prayer even while I was asking him. What a great God we serve!

God has your back, too! He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us. He is always there. No matter what you may be feeling, he is right there with you, holding you, and taking care of you. There is nothing too big for God to take care of. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment